Join us at the Nasher Sculpture Center and the Dallas Museum of Art for Meaningful Moments art workshops. Crafted in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association Dallas and Northeast Texas Chapter, this program provides a nurturing environment for individuals in the early to mid-stages of Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia, or memory loss, as well as their care partners. Come and experience a harmonious fusion of social interaction, artistic engagement, and mindful activities, guided by our dedicated and trained museum staff.
Dates and times vary by location. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information or to register. Note that spaces are limited and if we are not able to accommodate your request, you will be added to a waiting list.
Criteria for Participation
- Diagnosis of early- to mid-stage Alzheimer’s Disease, other dementia, or mild cognitive impairment
- Independently mobile
- Able to handle all self-care needs (continent / able to use the bathroom by themselves)
- Able to verbalize needs
- Able to participate in group activities
- Able to follow simple directions
- Not exhibiting aggressive behaviors
- Not exhibiting wandering behaviors
Each individual will visit the group on a trial basis for the first time to determine if they will benefit from the program.