High school students are invited to explore art in Dallas-based museums, meet art-world professionals and work with artists.
The Summer Institute for Teens is a four-day program that exposes students to many aspects of museums and the art world. All applicants must be teacher-nominated.
The 2020 Summer Institute for Teens takes place at The Warehouse, Dallas Museum of Art, Nasher Sculpture Center and the Dallas Contemporary.
Who is the program for?
Students who have completed grade 10, 11 or 12
The workshop includes:
- Time to share artwork created prior to the program.
- In-depth learning experiences with artworks.
- Sessions with art-world professionals.
- Hands-on projects led by professional artists.
- Information on how students can becone involved with local museums.
A student who is a good fit for the program should:
- Enjoy discussing and learning about works of art.
- Be curious about careers in the arts.
- Love working with other students.
- Be respectful of other people’s perspectives.
- Be interested in learning about artistic processes.
Applications open for this program each spring. Tuition for accepted participants is free of charge, and includes art supplies, meals, and a transportation stipend.
Summer Institute for Teens 2020 / June 8 - 11, 2020 OR June 22 - 25, 2020 / 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., daily