High school students are offered the opportunity to meet other students who love art, work with artists and get advice from professionals in the art community.
The Nasher Summer Institute for Teens is a week-long program that exposes students to many aspects of museums and the art world. Teachers may nominate students who have completed grade 9, 10, 11 or 12 in 2018. All applicants must be teacher-nominated.
Participants can expect:
- In-depth learning experiences with artworks in the Nasher Collection.
- Sessions with art-world professionals.
- Hands-on projects focused on artistic process with practicing, professional artists.
- Visits to selected museums and galleries.
An ideal candidate:
- Shows strong interest in pursuing a college degree or career in art history or studio art.
- Is an active participant in your classes who often goes beyond basic requirements.
- Has independent interests and incorporates their unique vision into projects.
- Has a positive attitude and works well with other students.
Applications open for this program each spring. Tuition for accepted participants is free of charge, and includes art supplies, meals, and a transportation stipend.