The Membership Manager is responsible for promoting the mission of the Nasher Sculpture Center by identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors in the Nasher’s Membership and Patron Circle programs.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that the overall fundraising objectives of the Nasher Sculpture Center are met or exceeded.
- Achieve individual giving goals by building relationships with individual donors and prospects to strengthen their relationship with the Nasher Sculpture Center and manage their progression through the moves management cycle.
- Create, implement and evaluate an annual plan that achieves the individual giving goal and provides robust stewardship for members up to the Brancusi Circle ($2,500) level, including special events and direct mail campaigns.
- Increase donor retention and renewal rates for members up to the Brancusi Circle ($2,500) level.
- Manage special membership initiatives including: Texas Reciprocal Membership, Guggenheim ArtPass, Kids Club, and Avant-Garde Society.
- Work with the Associate Director of Development, in coordination with other departments, to identify and implement membership stewardship and cultivation opportunities.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison for donors up to the Brancusi Circle ($2,500) level.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Development, prepare an annual income and expense budgets and maintain budgets throughout the year.
- Coordinate with Database & Research Coordinator on membership database responsibilities, including running reports and queries, creating appeals, and tracking invitations and event participation.
- Work in collaboration with the Database & Research Coordinator and with the Marketing team to implement membership cultivation and retention programs, incentives, and special offers.
- Consistently enter data into Altru to expand institutional knowledge about donors and to accurately track prospects and relationships.
- Research and follow trends in fundraising and the philanthropic nature of the community.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Supports the Nasher’s mission to be an international focal point and catalyst for the study, installation, conservation and appreciation of modern and contemporary sculpture
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a non-profit setting, preferably in membership or fundraising
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required
- Working knowledge of database programs (Raisers’ Edge or Altru experience preferred)
- Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills, and a comfort working with visitors, trustees, members, and donors on the phone and/or in person
- General office environment with occasional work throughout the Museum’s facilities (galleries, conference rooms, and exhibit halls) and outdoors
- Significant computer and telephone work (repetitive movement – typing)
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, and climbing stairs with occasional lift of light loads (20lbs)
- Position requires occasional nights and weekends
How to apply:
Please email letter of interest, resume and contact information for professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
The curatorial internship provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated undergraduate or graduate student to gain experience in a range of curatorial activities, including exhibition preparation, gallery installations, documentation and research projects involving the Sculpture Center’s permanent collection, as well as publication projects and special exhibitions. Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills, be very organized and able to work independently. Art History majors with an interest in modern and contemporary art are preferred. The internship is unpaid, but can be taken for college credit if your program allows. Dates and hours are flexible, but the internship requires a commitment of 15-25 hours per week. To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to Jed Morse at email@example.com.
External Affairs Intern
The Nasher Sculpture Center External Affairs internship provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated undergraduate or graduate student to serve as an important team member of the external affairs team and learn about marketing and public relations within a small cultural institution. Interns are responsible for working directly with the external affairs team on daily activities relating to events, marketing and public relations, including writing press releases, proofreading and editing marketing materials, and assisting with event coordination. Applicants must have excellent writing and oral communication skills, be very organized and able to work independently. Knowledge of visual arts preferred. The internship is unpaid and for credit, 15-25 hours per week. Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to
The Nasher Sculpture Center seeks a Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 intern with a strong interest in art museums to provide administrative support for the Development Department in its individual, patron, and corporate giving programs, with a focus on database management. Each intern will have the opportunity to train in Blackbaud’s database system, Altru. The Development Department also seeks to offer additional projects dependent on the interests of the intern. The intern will work closely with all the members of the Membership Department. The intern will have the opportunity to be exposed to all areas of the museum membership, including retaining current members, acquisition of new members, providing great customer service and fulfilling benefits to current members.
Dates and hours of this internship are flexible. Candidates enrolled in college studio art and/or art history classes preferred. This is an unpaid internship. Candidates will gain fundamental skills and knowledge of working in the Membership Department environment at a major non-profit organization.To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Aralyn Griesbach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not have any available positions at this time.