Nasher Sculpture Center Artist Microgrants are small-sum awards of up to $2000 offered to artists to further their personal or professional development.
In 2003, Raymond Nasher chose to make a permanent home for the Nasher Collection in Dallas. Since then, the Nasher Sculpture Center has become an indelible part of the city’s cultural landscape and an important focal point of inspiration for artists and art lovers around the world. In this spirit, the Nasher Sculpture Center is pleased to offer a microgrant program that invests in the art community of North Texas. In presenting these grants, the Nasher recognizes the great artistic talent residing in North Texas and our privilege and responsibility to support it.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Application is open to artists working in any media.
- Eligible artists must be over 18 years of age and currently reside in North Texas (Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, Collin, Hunt, Rockwall, Kaufman, Navarro, Ellis, Johnson, Somervell, Erath, Palo Pinto Hood, Parker or Wise County).
- Individual artists or artist collectives may apply once per calendar year. Artist collectives must list all active members on their application.
- Artists may apply for up to $2000 to be used directly on physical resources or endeavors that will further their artistic activity and practice.
- Proposed usage of funds may include, but is not limited to: general expenses associated with artistic practice, such as studio rental, materials and equipment, travel for research purposes, or exhibition-related expenses.
- Nasher Sculpture Center employees and immediate family members of Nasher Sculpture Center staff or trustees are not eligible to apply.
The 2019 cycle of Microgrants will be open for application April 1 - May 1, 2019.