Nasher Summer Institute for Teens 2018
June 25, 2018 - June 29, 2018
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Meet other students who love art, work with artists and get advice from professionals in the art community. Teachers may nominate students who have completed 9-12th grade.
Nomination forms will be available Monday, March 12.
The Nasher Summer Institute for Teens is a week-long program that exposes students to many aspects of museums and the art world. Teachers may nominate students who have completed grade 9, 10, 11 or 12 in 2018. All applicants must be teacher-nominated.
Participants can expect:
- In-depth learning experiences with artworks in the Nasher Collection.
- Sessions with art-world professionals.
- Hands-on projects focused on artistic process with practicing, professional artists.
- Visits to selected museums and galleries.
An ideal candidate:
- Shows strong interest in pursuing a college degree or career in art history or studio art.
- Is an active participant in your classes who often goes beyond basic requirements.
- Has independent interests and incorporates their unique vision into projects.
- Has a positive attitude and works well with other students.
Application deadline is April 9. Up to 30 students will be accepted. Finalists will be selected by Nasher staff and will be notified of their acceptance by April 13. Tuition for accepted participants is free of charge, and includes art supplies, meals, and a transportation stipend.
With questions, please call Lynda Wilbur 214.242.5184 or email email@example.com.